Do you worry a lot? Worry is created from disconnect from higher Self and lack of faith and trust in the Universe.
Worry has many forms: worry about health, any form of loss, finance, rejection, being wrong, ridiculed and not being good enough among many others. Worry is a form of protection to reduce the pain of what we may feel when something that we project may happen in the future. Worry is down payment for some events that you wish it will never happen.
How do you deal with worry? In my experience our belief and attitude toward life has a great impact on this issue. I have realized the more I feel connected with the creator of all that is and believing that the Universe is my friend, I do not need to worry as much and can focus more effectively at what needs to be done.
My greatest success has been at work. I have been amazed how using simple techniques at work my productivity has increased and I am more peaceful during the day.
These are the steps I follow every day:
- Look at the big picture of the project (goals), without concern about how it will happen.
- Ask what can you do (under your control) today to move toward that goal?
- Make a list of what you like to happen today.
- Meditate and pray to connect with the source that energizes you.
- Visualize the tasks already done and feel the associated emotions.
- Follow the to-do list with full attention.
- Take breaks often.
- If you are not able to figure something out, stop and do something else; the problem will be solved faster!
- Make sure to celebrate your accomplishments daily.
The above approach can be applied to any issue in our lives to reduce the worry and increase joy and being present.
How do you practically deal with worry? Let me know.
Copyright @2015 by Shervin Hojat